Monday, October 10, 2011

You never know just who you might run into . . . .

Not in a rush today to make it to class, stirring two cancer creating splenda packets into my coffee at the cream and sugar counter in the cafe across from my school, someone said my name out loud. Sure enough, it was my LA 151_intro to college success_(Fuck ups from first semester) class professor attempting just the same, cup of coffee in hand, to mentally prepare and awaken thyself for the next three hours to come.

"Holy shit!" I thought. "She drinks coffee from the cool collective, not crowded, hot Jamaican guy with dreads working at counter side by side gorgeous chick with tatts, art work wall to wall cafe too? TIGHT!"

"Ya know" . . . she started. . . "Fuck... me,"I immediately thought. "I totally did my paper three hours prior class last week, she totally noticed my complete lack of periods throughout every ranting raving whiny ass sentence....shit!"

But nope, instead, she acknowledged my rant of a paper claiming she quite frankly, enjoyed it and not to mention thought I had a strong voice. She went on, stating my points and then paused with closed eyes crunched brows, almost as if skimming over and finding her favorite parts throughout the written pages, and then reprieved with this almost longing look to proudly say, "I really think you should continue writing, regularly! Do you do any creative writing?"
          Well shit goddamn, that was unexpected. She didnt even bring up some cliche b.s. about how shitty the rain was, or ask me how I was doing in my other classes. She was,is, so cool! We went on talking about writing and her passion for it, how when all else fails she just, writes. To that I wanting nothing more than to relate, told her about the ten day old blog I've married and how It seemed like a nerdy, respected way to bitch and get myself laughing out loud without actually having anymore of a purpose then to just let it all out, and she couldn't have agreed more.

So yeah, to all you fuckers out there that think you think you know what your professors are up to, think again, better yet, quit thinking and ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment